This is a great opportunity to work at a fast-growing outdoor centre with a fantastic team of instructors. You will be leading water activities supported by assistant instructors. We run water activities such as paddleboarding, kayaking and canoeing. We also deliver alongside other local Adventure Providers to offer a wider range of activities. This includes Climbing, Axe throwing, Archery, Bushcraft and Forest school. We Provide our activities to the following groups-
- Local Community
- School Groups
- Adults only
- Long term development paddlers
- Private tuition
- Special Needs/ Disabled participants
Seasonal Lead instructor (2 available posts)
We are based at Seaham Harbour Marina, but we also run activities from the Durham Amateur Rowing Club. You will be expected to work from both locations.
This is a seasonal contract from April 1st to September 30th.
Hours and Wage:
Fixed term contract. This job is £10,000 for the 6-month period working 4 days per week, 8 hours per day. You will be on a 2-week rota.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Lead Instructor who will be able to lead kayaking, paddleboarding and canoeing sessions, with the help of assistant instructors and the support of the Senior Instructor.
We want someone who will work well as part of our small team and to be a role model for our assistants.
Someone who can provide first class customer service.
Be able to solve problems and make decisions independently.
Perks of the Job
- You will have space to store your equipment and up to 2 kayaks/Sups or 1 canoe
- Regular in-house staff training and out of hours staff activities
- Heavily Reduced Course prices. Free where possible and relevant to personal development within the Company.
- Contracted employment with guaranteed hours
- Accrued Holiday pay
- Potential development within the company for a longer-term contract
- Coastal venue with excellent access to the Sea for swimming or paddling.
- First class changing and shower facilities
- Experience leading groups in a tidal venue
- Experience with Canoe, Kayak and SUP
- Paddle sport leader or Sheltered coach award (level 2)
- Sea kayak award (3*) or another leader award in another discipline (4*)
- Full UK driving licence
- Basic IT skills
- 2 Day First Aid
- Trailer licence
- Experience assisting staff development
- Climbing qualifications
- Bushcraft / Forest school experience
- Minibus licence
- Axe throwing / Archery Experience
- Team building and cooperate experience
How to apply?
Please send a CV and personal statement or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The closing date for applicants is 15th December 2021